Injured in an Accident? Our Experienced Sarasota Personal Injury Lawyers Help You Recover
We hold negligent parties responsible for your injuries
Accidents can have devastating effects on a victim’s health and well being, as well as their family and job. When the accident is not your fault, it is important to have an experienced personal injury lawyer in Sarasota to represent your best interests. The Sarasota personal injury lawyers at Carlson, Meissner, Hart and Hayslett, P.A. combine compassionate representation with tenacious advocacy in the pursuit of maximum compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys handle all types of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Workers’ compensation
Injuries sustained by accident victims can be severe
- Spine or disc injuries — Spinal disc injuries are serious and painful, as spinal discs act as shock absorbers between the vertebrae in the spine. During an accident, a disc may become herniated or otherwise injured, which can cause extreme pain and discomfort.
- Whiplash — Whiplash is a common neck injury that occurs in automobile accidents. Whiplash occurs when the head and neck are forced to move back and forth quickly, extending the neck muscles beyond their usual range of motion. In serious cases, whiplash may cause chronic pain, often requiring long-term medical care and rehabilitation.
- Back or spinal injury — Back or spinal injuries can range from back strain to more serious injuries that cause paralysis or ongoing, debilitating pain. Because of the potential seriousness of spinal injuries, you should seek medical attention if an injury is suspected.
- Brain or head injury — Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries can occur as the result of a slip and fall, motorcycle accident or car accident. Depending on the severity, a brain injury may require years of rehabilitative services and extremely high medical costs. Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can change an accident victim’s life forever.
- Wrongful death — In the traumatic event that an individual’s life is lost because of an accident, Florida law allows for lawsuits against individuals who negligently caused the death of another person.
How much is your personal injury case worth?
Each case is unique, but personal injury accident victims are generally entitled to receive the following if another person caused the accident:
- Medical bills — Hospitalization costs, doctor visits, prescription drugs, physical therapy costs.
- Future medical costs — When it is expected that an accident will require long-term medical care or result in a permanent disability.
- Lost wages — Wages lost from time missed at work.
- Loss of earning capacity — Calculated by the income that will be lost in the future as a result of injuries.
- Pain and suffering — Compensation for the emotional distress, depression, post-traumatic stress caused by an accident.
It is best to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Sarasota to learn more about the potential value of your particular case. We offer a free initial consultation for accident and injury cases, so call today. Personal injury cases are handled on a contingency basis, which means you pay no fees unless we win.
If you need an aggressive personal injury attorney in Sarasota or Bradenton, contact us today at 941-202-4600
Accident-related injuries are especially difficult when someone else’s negligence or recklessness is responsible for your injuries. If you have been injured in an accident, you have rights and may have a legal claim. Contact the knowledgeable Sarasota personal injury attorneys at Carlson, Meissner, Hart and Hayslett, P.A. for a free consultation. Call us at 941-202-4600 or use our online contact form. We handle injury cases in Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice and surrounding areas.
When Experience Matters, Turn to Us
Main Office Clearwater
We are experienced trial lawyers and skilled negotiators with the resources necessary to take on even the largest case. Our attorneys will not back down when your future and your freedom is at stake. Clients throughout Florida have relied on us for steadfast legal representation with a personal commitment for more than 40 years. When you need help, we act quickly and decisively to secure the best possible results for you and your family. Carlson, Meissner, Hart & Hayslett, P.A., fighting for the injured and defending the accused since 1971.